Video Octopus is a tool to extract video files from various web pages in user-preferred file types. This utility provides easy controls to edit the video before you save it on local storage. Users can save clips in distinct file formats while also changing the resolution. It is undoubtedly an effective video file-saving utility for web users to store videos offline while also saving internet data by manipulating the quality. Some users are encountering technical malfunctions in this application, and they face an error saying “Video Octopus Not Working.” Let’s try to troubleshoot it.
User-Friendly Features of Video Octopus
- It works on a wide range of websites.
- Effective TS file format video saving options.
- No matter what type of video you are trying to save, it provides an easy downloading solution for all major formats, including mp4, Flv, WebM, Ogg, MOV, etc.
- Prior to saving the video, users can decide the size, file format, duration, time frame, and more. The preview feature allows you to check the video before hitting the download button.
- The video download speed is so fast that you can view the video as soon as you hit the download button considering the video size is not too big.
- Google has prohibited video downloading from YouTube, so you won’t be able to save YouTube videos using this tool, though users can save videos from all other web pages.
- The tool has the option to select the preferred language, with access to mostly used German, English, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
- It is ranked as the best video-saving utility for the Chrome browser.
- No need to sign up for a user account to use this utility. Users can download videos as soon as they install its extension on Chrome.
- The support team is available for any query or issue.
Video Octopus Not Working: 5 Tips to Fix this Error
To fix issues with the Octopus video downloader:
1. Install via the Zip file
- First download the Video Octopus setup from this link. You can also go to Videoctopus.com to download the ZIP file. Do not use the Chrome Web Store directly.
- Then, to install a Chrome extension from this zip file, you must first unpack the zip file to a folder on your computer.
- Now, in Chrome, go to the “More Tools” menu and select “Extensions.”
- Next, enable “Developer Mode” by clicking the toggle switch in the top right corner of the page.
- Then click on the “Load Unpacked” button, navigate to the folder where you have unpacked the zip file, and select the folder containing the extension’s files.
- The extension should now be installed and appear on your list of installed extensions.
- Check if it can download any video as it should.
2. Check if the Website or Video is Compatible
If you are using this extension on a website that Video Octopus does not support, you may encounter issues or errors. You can contact the Video Octopus support team for assistance if that is the case. The support team can be contacted at https://detector.video/contact.
3. Check the internet
Check your firewall and security software: Make sure your firewall and security software is not blocking your network connection. Check for browser issues: Clear your browser cache and cookies and restart the browser.
4. Refreshing or Reloading the Webpage
Refresh the page after you set up the extension on your internet-surfing software. Press the Reload button from the URL bar to refresh the page content.
5. Remove Browser Cache
Since video octopus uses cache to read files, clear chrome cache and retry. In many cases, that fixes the problem. Go to the History tab and select the Clear browsing data option.
Though various technical issues occur and are mostly unpredictable, that doesn’t mean they can’t be solved. But the fact is they are easy to solve with some convenient tips. This blog is written considering our audience’s query of “video octopus is not working,” which will surely resolve the problem.